Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

Detailed transcript

Two days ago was mine presentation for Literature class. I did not really prepared for it as I had my affairs first rather than focusing on the presentation which will help me with my career later. Even the whole afternoon I was on net and playing CityVille on facebook. It was so inappropriate for me to do such thing. Well, on that night I was supposed to deliver an input about any literary elements that the poem (which I can choose from the list of poem given) has. My focussed was on the symbols that is being inserted between the lines of the poem in the form of noun/ noun phrase. 

My simple plan was introducing the author of the poem, and my set induction was by generating ideas from the students from the word 'DEATH'. And I am glad because I am able to dig out the words and the expression that I wanted the students to come out with. Later I showed the students a power point presentation to the students showing some facts about the author (Miss Emily Dickinson) to the students. In one of the slide, I put two same point so that the students will acknowledge that fact. it is actually govern the students schemata on why did the author wrote such poem and why is that the poem is being written in such way. Never try to be far from what I am able to handle I then showed the students on the matter of the lesson on that day which is 'SYMBOLISM'.

Some of the students were already familiar with the term therefore I gave a brief explanation about it and move on with the lesson by building the students familiarity with symbolism. I prepared them pictures which should or able to generate their thinking skills and their stigma towards what the picture appeared to them. It was a good try I would say because looking at the way that the students reaction, this was to me is another way to teach/ familiarize/ feed them with vocabulary. It was very interesting when they are able to not just give what can they seen from the picture but to justify why is it represent such quality. Yet, it was a little mistake being done while implementing this method as I took a lot of time with the pictures. I should have just showed them three or four pictures for them to familiarize with symbolism. 

After I had finished with that, I continue the lesson by asking the students to read through the poem one time and together as a class one time. Then, I ask them to get into five groups and try to attempt the task given to them. In the respective group, they need to identify the noun that is being used in the stanza which later been given to them. All of this noun represent something which is valuable for them to see the symbolization that occurs within the persona's mind. This is also to refer back to the theme of the poem which is acceptance of death. Some did get it right and some did not able to track the whole noun inside the stanza which is to be expected. Then I asked them to give explanation on what does the noun represent and why did they see it in such way. To be honest, I did get positive feedback and bright answers from the students which means the input stage that i'd prepared for them just now works its magic. 

The only thing that was not to be expected was my rotten and dry language command. Lord, if someone from other institute heard it, they would laugh and mock at me. It was a disaster and pathetic. I really need to be more careful and more aware of what is being utter so that I would not at the same level with the real students that I am about to encounter later in school. I am so sad with where I am now in using the language. HELP !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment